Roof surface solar systems make the best use of available space, turning unused space into an energy-producing asset.
Benefits of a Roof-Mounted PV System?
- Annual energy costs are reduced.
- Improvements to utility grids generally are not necessary.
- Net metering policies allow an owner to be credited for surplus electricity generation.
- A federal tax incentive exists and accelerated depreciation of PV systems is allowed.
- State and local incentives and rebates may apply.
- Roof-mounted PV systems help create green jobs.
Some of environmental benefits of roof-mounted PV systems include:
- Land use is minimized; rooftop-mounted space is optimized.
- Surplus energy can return to the grid to provide clean energy during times of high electricity demands.
- Renewable energy helps reduce harmful emissions into the atmosphere.
- Environmental awareness is displayed.