Having No Roof Snow Removal Plan Or Winter Roof Maintenance Is Bad Business.
Now is a crucial time to evaluate your roofs and create a winter emergency and snow removal action plan. As a preventative measure it is good to have a yearly assessment of your roof to make sure there are no underlying repairs that need to be done prior to a heavy snow. RoofConnect’s assessment includes the following:
- Potential Hazards such as skylights, lightweight canopies, gas lines, solar array components, etc.
- Sensitive/high impact snow removal areas (drift areas, solar panels, etc.)
- Primary and secondary areas for roof access and equipment setup.
- Roof type in order to have material on hand should repairs be necessary.
- Safety equipment needed (warning lines, hard rail, harnesses, etc.)
- Best areas to offload snow from roof and mark areas of egress to make sure none of the exterior access doors are blocked during snow removal.
- Height of parapet walls.
- The weight and height of snow in four zones on the roof.
- Any drifts on the roof.
- Snow from locations with excessive amounts that has put or has the potential to put the building in jeopardy.
FIVE MAJOR ITEMS TO CONSIDER:
- Snow load on your building
- Proper roof drainage
- Ice buildup and falling ice
- Snow packs around building
- Roof leaks / water infiltration
If your roof is in need of Winter Maintenance or Snow Removal, please don’t hesitate to contact us! You can use the form below or give us a call at 866.248.5164!