Technological advancements over the past couple of decades have been a real game changer for businesses when it comes to managing day-to-day operations. From invoicing and operations to marketing and sales, every aspect of business today is influenced by the use of technology. As such, it is vital for businesses today to protect themselves from a never-ending barrage of spam, malware, and other online threats. Simply ignoring cyber threats over time could threaten the safety of your company’s data and may weaken system operations. Protecting your customer’s and employees’ personal data is critical, so what can be done to better protect your business assets? To better answer this question, you’ll need a security risk assessment.
What is a Security Risk Assessment?
A security risk assessment is the process of analyzing your business’s cyber security policies and security control systems. Performing a security risk assessment allows an organization to view its security infrastructure from an outside attacker’s perspective. These assessments will identify:
- Obsolete security measures and system vulnerabilities that you may not even be aware of.
- Resources your company is underutilizing or overusing and determine the training needs for your team.
- Vulnerabilities in your business’s physical security systems (cameras, building access, emergency systems).
The Security Risk Assessment Process
- Step 01: Identify all potential assets of the technology infrastructure and create a risk profile for each asset.
- Step 02: Assess the identified security risks for all critical security assets. This process will determine how data is generated, stored, and transmitted between assets. This assessment will reveal system vulnerabilities and risks. From here, a plan must be created to most effectively allocate time and resources toward risk mitigation.
- Step 03: Define a mitigation approach and enforce new security controls toward each risk.
- Step 04: Implement the tools and processes developed through the assessment to protect your security infrastructure.
RoofConnect Can Help!
In 2023, RoofConnect expanded it’s service offerings to include security services. These new services are available via SecureConnect, our new security division. SecureConnect provides client-focused physical security assessments, turnkey security technology installation, programming, and integration; as well as preventative maintenance services through the life cycle of your system to give you peace of mind when it comes to the security of your facility and systems. Contact us today to get answers to all your questions about your security infrastructure or visit: