5 Reasons to Implement a Roof Asset Management Plan
Year after year, your facility’s roof system endures intense weather events such as thunderstorms, hail, rain, and snowfall that degrade your facility’s roof. While making emergency repairs may get you out of a jam, relying on reactive maintenance practices can lead to future problems with your roof that can cost you in the long run. Roof Asset Management, or RAM, by comparison, offers the complete lifecycle management that will ensure you get the most life out of your roof.
What Is RAM?
RAM is designed to prolong the life of the roof by utilizing a systematic and routine maintenance schedule to detect roof deficiencies before they become a more significant problem. Generally, this is accomplished by planning annual inspections by a professional to find issues, make repairs, and clean debris off your roof. Simultaneously, They can also identify warranty and insurance claims promptly.
Let's Make a Plan!
5 Benefits of RAM
An effective roof asset management program has many benefits over just reactive maintenance. Below, we have compiled a list of 5 great benefits of utilizing Roof Asset Management.
Extends the Life of Your Roof
- Most importantly, roofs with a RAM program in place last 10 -15 years longer on average. *
Keeps Warranty Intact
- Secondly, routine maintenance is often a condition of keeping your warranty valid. With a RAM program, if you do need repairs, you will save money with the coverage your warranty provides.
Fewer Service Calls
- Regularly scheduled maintenance will prevent problems from starting or keep them from getting worse and can help you avoid costly emergency repairs.
- Not to mention, scheduling your maintenance and inspections allows you to project what your future roofing spend will look like. Most importantly, allowing you time to establish budgeting for future roof repairs. If you manage multiple properties, this gives you the ability to plan repairs and maintenance across your portfolio. In addition, this can help you to spend budget dollars where it is needed the most effectively.
Avoiding Interruptions to Your Business
- Lastly, roof leaks can often have a significant impact on your business. The interior of your building and its people and assets could be damaged, and severe issues could force you to shut down operations.
*Reference: NRCA study
When it’s time to implement a successful roof management plan, you must work with a professional roofing contractor. Preferably one that has the tools and the know-how to keep your facility protected, a company like RoofConnect. By working with RoofConnect, you’ll work with a great asset manager who keeps your roof and budget safe. RoofConnect is here to help you start a roof asset management program. If you’d like to discuss a plan that will protect your roof for years to come, call us today!
Are you interested in learning more about RAM?
Our team is always available to discuss how we can help you create a plan for your facility’s roof maintenance. Submit the contact form below.
Call us today – 866.248.5164