5 Reasons to Implement a Roof Asset Management Plan
Year after year, your facility’s roof system endures strong weather events such as thunderstorms, hail, rain, and snowfall that degrade your facility’s roof. While making emergency repairs may get you out of a jam, only relying on reactive maintenance practices can lead to future problems with your roof that can cost you in the long run. Roof Asset Management, or RAM, by comparison, offers the full lifecycle management that will ensure you get the most life out of your roof.
What Is RAM?
RAM is designed to prolong the life of the roof by utilizing a systematic and routine maintenance schedule to detect roof deficiencies before they become a larger problem. This is accomplished by planning annual inspections done by a professional to find issues, make repairs, and clean debris off your roof. They can also identify warranty and insurance claims in a timely manner.
Let's Make a Plan!
5 Benefits of RAM
An effective roof asset management program has many benefits over utilizing just reactive maintenance. Below, we have put together a list of 5 great benefits of utilizing Roof Asset Management.
- Extends the Life of Your Roof
- Roofs with a RAM program in place last 10 -15 years longer on average. *
- Keeps Warranty Intact
- Routine maintenance is often a condition of keeping your warranty valid. With a RAM program, if you do need repairs, you will save money with the coverage your warranty provides.
- Fewer Service Calls
- Regularly scheduled maintenance will prevent problems from starting or keep them from getting worse and can help you avoid costly emergency repairs.
- Budget Planning
- Scheduling your maintenance and inspections gives you the ability to project what your future roofing spend will look like, allowing you time to establish budgeting for future roof repairs. If you manage multiple properties, this gives you the ability to plan repairs and maintenance across your portfolio, allowing you to more effectively spend budget dollars where it is needed the most.
- Avoiding Interruptions to Your Business
- Roof leaks can often have a significant impact on your business. The interior of your building and the people and assets within it could be damaged and severe issues could force you to shut down operations.
*Reference: NRCA study
When it comes time to implement a successful roof management plan, your will need to work with a professional roofing contractor that has the tools, the labor and the know-how to keep your facility protected, a company like RoofConnect. By working with RoofConnect, you’ll be working with a great asset manager who will help keep your roof and budget safe. If you’re considering starting a roof asset management program, RoofConnect is here to help. Call us today and let’s start discussing a plan that will protect your roof for years to come!
Are you interested in learning more about Roof Asset Mangement?
Our team is always available to discuss how we can help you create a plan for your facilities roof maintenance. Submit the contact form below.
Call us today – 866.248.5164