Roof Repairs & Proactive Roof Maintenance
- There is no such thing as a maintenance-free roof (regardless of the length of your warranty).
- No other single building component is more critical to the smooth operation of your business.
- Potential losses resulting from a failed roof system are staggering.
- RoofConnect promises comprehensive and lasting solutions to your roofing needs.
- We have the resources, experience, and local nationwide offices to get the job done right.
Our preventive maintenance program will extend and maximize the life of your roof, save money on overall roof maintenance, while adhering to manufacturer warranty requirements.
One phone call offers a seamless client experience to solve your roofing needs. With one phone call, RoofConnect customer service establishes:
- Work order entry and dispatch
- ETA response to customer provided by RoofConnect Customer Service Team
- Work is performed on site per customer requirement(s)
- Work Summary Report/Follow up with customer
- Invoice from RoofConnect to customer
- All work order history is housed in a database for customer visibility
To ensure the longest possible roof performance, a building owner should check the following maintenance items regularly:
- Drainage – Drain areas should be kept clean to prevent clogging that will result in areas of ponding water on the roof.
- Petroleum Products – These products (greases, solvents, oils, and liquids containing petroleum products) can contribute to membrane degradation. “Catch pans” should be installed in areas where these products are vented onto the roof surface.
- HVAC – This rooftop equipment must be serviced regularly.
- Walkways should be used when moving back and forth from these units. Exercise caution with tools and equipment to prevent punctures in the roof surface.
- Roof Alterations – Any modifications to the roofing system, such as the addition or removal of units, building expansion, etc., should be promptly reported to the roofing product manufacturer to ensure that repairs are completed utilizing compatible materials.
- Skylights and Miscellaneous Rooftop Equipment – When changes are made or maintenance is performed (replacing skylight lenses, servicing exhaust fans, etc.), an approved roofing contractor should be contacted to ensure detail compliance with flashings, etc. Metal shavings, screws, nails, etc., can and do cause damage to roofing systems, resulting in leaks.
The NRCA suggests the best way for a building owner to ensure satisfactory post-installation roof system performance is to have a formal, long-term maintenance plan. Maintenance programs typically offer the following advantages:
- A maintenance program is proactive (rather than reactive). It can help to identify problems at their early stages, while they can be corrected and before they become catastrophes.
- Regular maintenance can reveal and address sources and causes of leaks before they occur. Too many owners have their roof systems examined only after a leak occurs.
- A maintenance program allows for a planned, organized approach to management of a roof asset and allows for responsible, timely preparation of long-term capital expenditures.
- Response time to address leakage problems is greatly improved. Warranty repairs, on the other hand, can take time to be processed, while the problem remains unresolved.
“Paybacks of preventive maintenance: Investing in preventative roof system maintenance is worth the cost” published in the NRCA publication Professional Roofing Magazine, November 2011
Emergency Roof Leak Service
Each RoofConnect location has a fully staffed service department operating 24/7/365 to protect our client’s roofs in any weather emergency. We assist in the documentation requirements for insurance claims, as well as work with the roofing material manufacturers to resolve roof repair and roof maintenance claims on your warranted roofs.
Whether it’s an emergency roof leak service, hurricane, tornado, fire, or any other natural disaster, the RoofConnect team is only a phone call away. We will provide you with the best possible roofing solution in the shortest amount of time.
Roof Replacement Service
Whether the client is planning on re-covering their existing roof or performing a complete roof replacement, RoofConnect’s Technical Service specialists can assist in choosing the proper roof specification for any building in the client’s portfolio. Our experience and expertise includes all roofing systems resulting in the highest level of quality and workmanship. Additionally, RoofConnect has the skilled workforce nationwide to perform specialized projects that require a single-source coordination.
SWAT: Severe Weather Assessment Team
RoofConnect is the only national roofing services provider capable of providing you with SWAT coverage 24/7/365. Whether it’s a hurricane, tornado or any other disaster, the RoofConnect Team is only a phone call away. We work with you to solve your emergency quickly, and our work and materials meet the standards of insurance coverage claims.
It is important to identify damage from a hail storm quickly to ensure payment from your insurance providers.
RoofConnect will provide pictures and estimates of any damage to your roof to properly and quickly report to your insurance company. RoofConnect will make temporary repairs on all leaks and do everything possible to keep the inside of your building dry. Call us today to schedule an evaluation of your roofs.
Before Tropical Storms & Hurricanes mount an assault is a crucial time to evaluate your roof and prepare a plan of action. Proper analysis of your roofs is critical in any season, but hurricane season raises even more concerns. Hurricanes cause damage in a variety of ways through strong winds, storm surges, flooding and tornadoes. Early preparation is essential so that your roofs are protected against the hurricanes arriving in 2012 and beyond. Careful roof installation practices and annual maintenance can make a significant difference in a roof’s hurricane preparedness. Here are a few of the things you should check to make sure your properties are prepared to survive a hurricane.
SWAT guarantees a quick response in the event of weather related emergencies. We will even work with you in advance to develop a disaster response plan. All of this, coupled with our experience, resources and guaranteed fair pricing to get you dry, fast.
As our SWAT Customer, you’ll receive:
- Priority standing.
- Guaranteed response time.
- Free severe weather preparedness checklist and evaluation.
- Roof condition analysis after the storm.
- Project supervision.
- Expert knowledge of restoration work.
- Minimal interruptions once we begin our restoration process.
- Daily photo/written reports on your properties.
- Peace of mind that all repairs are made per RoofConnect’s strict guidelines.
Roof Snow Removal and Seasonal Service
Before winter mounts and assault…Now is a crucial time to evaluate your roof.
Proper analysis of your roof is critical in any season, but the winter months raise even more concerns.
RoofConnect utilizes our vast network of experienced Roofing Technicians for your winter related roof needs insuring there is no long term damage to your roof system. Don’t forget…Inexperienced crews can damage or destroy the roofing membrane with improper shovel or snow blower use.
RoofConnect has the experience to properly analyze and execute a plan to take care of any of your winter roofing needs.
Please contact your RoofConnect representative today or if one is not assigned, please call 877-942-5613 and ask to be directed to someone who can answer your winter roofing related questions.
- Current Snow Load on Your Building. With snow storm followed by snow storm, roof weights can become an item of serious concern. We want to ensure that this doesn’t happen at any of your locations.
- Proper and Continuous Roof Drainage. Accumulating snows coupled with thawing and then refreezing make it critical that you clear all drains, gutters and scuppers. Every winter buildings collapse due to poor roof drainage.
- Ice buildup and Falling Ice. Ice formations form on gutters and overhangs that can cause serious concerns to customers, employees and other visitors to your facilities. Ice buildup must be addressed to prevent injuries and damage at your facilities.
- Snow Packs Around Building. Often times snow plowing causes snow build up against the exterior walls. Moving snow away from the exterior walls can avoid moisture problems inside your building.
- Roof Leaks and Water Infiltration. Snow and ice build up on your roof can cause leaks in unusual sources. Snow build up around unit fan’s and over the height of roof flashings can cause leaks into the building creating hazards.
- Safety is first and foremost.
- All Federal and local guidelines must be followed to protect all personnel on site.
- A proper plan is executed with you to meet specific needs at each site. This includes checklist items such as never blocking emergency doors.
- Proper documentation is always provided at project close out.
Manufacturer Warranty Support
RoofConnect works with all major commercial roofing manufacturers and currently provides warranty management services to many of our customers. If a customer’s roof is under warranty with a manufacturer, and a leak call is reported, we will contact the manufacturer to notify them of the claim. Once service has been performed, both the customer and manufacturer are informed of the repairs made, and the manufacturer is invoiced for the warrantable repairs. By doing this, the owner’s asset is protected, they can verify the work has been completed, and they are not charged for repairs that are covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.
Special Projects & Safety Products
We specialize in Roof Condition Surveys and can provide a detailed report for each of your facilities. These reports will include but not be limited to all as-built roof information, roof condition, inventory of rooftop equipment/penetrations, known leak locations and sources, digital photos with descriptions, detailed roof drawings/maps, recommended actions, and budget pricing. Completing these surveys allows RoofConnect and the client to prioritize immediate concerns and outline a plan and budget for future projects over a 1 to 5 year span. All of this data will be stored on our web based customer portal which allows real-time 24-hour access to all cataloged information.
Safety Roof Hatches
Keep your people safe, your rooftop secure and stay OSHA-compliant.
Roof Hatch Safety Rail
Did you know that an open roof hatch is in violation of OSHA standard CFR29 1910.23? Most people keep their roof hatch open while on the roof, not realizing they are exposing themselves to big fines from OSHA for an open hole violation. Installing the Roof Hatch Safety Rail from SafePro brings instant compliance. The Roof Hatch Safety Rail is a 4-sided rail system with ergonomic handgrip side rails, self-closing gate with no pinch hinges, and ladder extension rails that will hold steady in the event of a slip during ladder use.
HandsFree Power Hatch Lift
No more fumbling around in the dark with the lock on the roof hatch as you hang precariously on to the top rung of the ladder. Those days are over thanks to the HandsFree Power Hatch Lift by SafePro. Like a garage door opener does for a garage door, the HandsFree Power Hatch Lift automatically locks/unlocks, opens/closes and latches the hatch door when a user-programmed code is correctly entered into the keypad. A wireless remote is included to operate the system from inside the building. A magnetic card reader is available. Solar-powered is standard; 110v is optional.
RoofConnect can easily retrofit either or both of these SafePro products on existing roof hatches – without any roof penetration.